HLTINF005 - Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
training cost $350
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required from health care workers to comply with infection control regulations, standards guidelines, policy procedures and to identify manage and control risk to the client operators themselves and other health care workers. This course is a Nationally Accredited Training unit. Students will receive a government approved Statement of Attainment on successful completion. This is a prerequisite unit for SHBBSKS003 – Design and perform cosmetic tattoo.
This is mandatory for Queensland students and available for all states.
- Maintain infection control during skin penetration procedures and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory requirements
- Ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues
- Comply with infection control regulations and guidelines and related legal obligations
- Monitor hygiene of premises
- Maintain infection control standards for skin penetration treatments
- Sterilise equipment and maintain steriliser
- Maintain awareness of clinic design for control of infection
- Statement of attainment on completion*
- Comprehensive online modules
- Trainer support via email
- Mandatory to get registered by the council
- Theory training is completed as self-paced at home learning
- Practical training is delivered one on one face to face over 2-4 hours including observation assessment
- The course is conducted online that enables you to complete the training to suit you and your family/life situation via correspondence
- Students will need to take note of their close study date to submit their assessments before this date, allowing time for any reassessment.
- Students can submit their practical assessment items online via upload or in person at Valentine Artistry.
- You have 3 months to complete the course
- Written Assessment (Online)
- Practical/Observation Assessment (Video Upload or In Person Practical Assessment) NOTE: must have access to an Autoclave.
- Workplace Compliance Assessment (Must be a workplace)
All 3 components are required to be passed before a certificate is issued.
A full payment of $350 is required to enrol. Once payment is sent through, your online modules will be sent to you.
Please enrol using this link: https://form.jotform.com/202019046013843